This song blessed me today! #GoodOlHymns
One of my favorites <3
Things that say a lot about people:
- the way which they treat the waiter/waitress
- how they feel about the weather
- whether they dog ear pages or highlight in books
- and hands in general
- their preferred creative outlet
- how much they dread/enjoy talking on the phone
- whether or not they drink coffee
- if they ever forget to eat
- how honest they are with themselves (and others)
- if they correct your grammar
- how they treat their parents
Memories flash in my mind like lightning bolts across the sky.
We were laughing and screaming, rolling down that grassy hill,
And somehow, we’d always roll into each others’ arms.
My breath would escape me whenever I looked into your eyes,
But when we’d kiss, I’d breathe anew.
Come back to me, young lover!
Come back to the field where our love was born!
I have lost sleep for want of your embrace.
I have lost appetite for want of your touch.
I want nothing more than
the love you give,
the kisses you shower,
and pieces of grass forever in my hair.
Sometimes I see pictures like this and just want to write a poem. I can feel the thoughts and the emotions building inside of me, while I wait for them to rise to my mind and become words.
Is life a series of problems to be solved or simply a collection of events to be experienced?
The letter is the Arabic letter called “wow.”
— Stephen Elliott, The Adderall Diaries